Saturday, April 4, 2015

Little Easter Egg Project

It suddenly dawned on me that I didn't have to have all the kids together to do fun holiday projects.  It's easier and more fun with just a few kids, so we waited until most of them were at school.  In one morning, we managed to shop for supplies, hard boil eggs and decorate them, all with no injuries!  If you don't think that sounds like a big deal, you must not be as wimpy as I am.  We had a good time.  I didn't even care that Rolayne dyed all of her eggs pink and Tziporah dyed all of hers yellow.  We didn't even use half of the dye colors.





Ptolemy tried his best to make up for the girls' monochromatic choices by getting fancy with his.  We also used crayons while the eggs were hot to make cool designs.






After the girls left for Emily's house, Ptolemy hastily monster-ized all his eggs before dashing off to kindergarten.  I love having these little kids to do fun things with.  I try not to think about what it will be like when they're all in school.  I just try to set aside the endless, endless cleaning and errands and allow myself time to just do monster eggs.  It's not as easy as it sounds, but I'm running out of time.  It's now or never.  They're growing before my eyes!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Precious moments with your littles. We coloured eggs this year for the first time! Unfortunately time got away from us so it didn't happen until Easter Sunday...but it was still fun!