Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Forget Bookworms




Worms aren't the only insects who can enjoy books. There was a ladybug and a bumblebee, not to mention a Jedi, at the library today. The crowds went wild over the collective cuteness of my little charges. Because public restrooms are so fascinating, all the kids had to go. How do you get three pre-schoolers out of their costumes while holding a baby? Well, the Jedi's costume had a zipper fly (which he demonstrated in the children's reading area), but the bugs had all kinds of leotards and flouncy skirts and leggings. To expedite things, I put Esmae's antennae on my own head so they wouldn't fall in. Since my attention span is about as long as a ladybug's, I forgot all about the glittery gold antennae and sported them for the rest of the library visit. Maybe the people weren't laughing at how cute the kids were. Maybe they were laughing at the Mother Insect with the springy gold balls on her head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me laughing out loud!!!
J. Call

Michelle said...

Could you please wear them to lunch tomorrow?

Emily said...

So funny! I am impressed everything was dry when they got home....!