Thursday, October 15, 2009

What You Wear from Ear to Ear


Help wanted!

I need somebody to come over here and smile at Ptolemy. He's remarkably spoiled and my facial muscles are tired from cooing at him. I would love to play peek-a-boo all day long, but there are moments when it's not feasible. Like when I have a razor-sharp chisel aimed at my hand or when I'm measuring millimeters. Like Humpty Dumpty, this poor violin will never be put back together if someone doesn't smile at this baby for me! Come on, give my tired face a break and save me from slicing off my fingers. Multitasking and sharp tools don't mix. If you could hear his sad, neglected whimpers, you wouldn't be able to resist!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Me, Me, Me.... Pick me. We had Sophie here today during our temple babysitting duty. It was fun to have a baby in the house again. Izzy had all sorts of questions. "Mom... why doesn't that baby talk? "Mom, why does that baby poop in her pants?" Funny things a kid thinks of when she is the youngest and hasn't been around little kiddos. How about tomorrow around noon?

Michelle said...

I would love to smile at Tolly! He is the sweetest!

love.boxes said...

He's a sweetie! I love his little smiles.