Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Kiss is Just a Kiss



Looking at a neighbor's wedding invitation, Araceli said, "Mom? When I get married, I'm not going to kiss the boy until the wedding."

I said, "Don't you want to try it out first before you decide to get married?"

Right away she answered, "OK. I'll kiss him at the rehearsal."

My dear little Araceli, I wish I could get a promise in writing that it would all play out like that. I know you will handle all that life throws at you with the resolve you show at seven years old, even if your ideas change between now and that first kiss. Choose wisely the where, when and who!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ari has such strong resolve as well as being so beautiful. Hopefully that resolve will guide her through life.

laurel said...

Amen. That is how I feel exactly! She rocks! Ok, as a kid I kissed before the wedding, but when it comes to your own kids, things are different. I need her to talk to my oldest. She is so pretty she will probably have lots of boys to fight off, but she can do it.