Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Birthday!




Happy birthday to the man of my dreams. Scott may not be perfect, but so far I haven't found anything wrong with him, so he must be pretty close. We started celebrating his birthday in Imperial Beach with Seacoast Pizza, the dangerously large pizza. Friday, Scott and I went to dinner at a Brazilian barbeque, where Scott did his proud dad routine, holding Ptolemy up for everyone to admire. Tonight, the kids made cupcakes and Butterfinger spiders. They hosted a surprise party where they called Daddy into the kitchen, hid behind the table and jumped out to say, "Surprise!" Scott was, of course, shocked.

Tomorrow, he'll celebrate by going to work, shuttling girls to ballet and helping the kids with homework while I teach. Par-ty! Even if Scott's actual birthday has a touch of the mundane about it, he makes every day a celebration for those lucky enough to be in his sphere. Everything is fun when Scott is there. He lights up a room, he makes people comfortable, he stirs up trouble, he makes kids happy, he is sarcastic and funny. If you're in the neighborhood, he likes it when people bring sugary treats to his office on his birthday. And he'll be checking the blog to see if anyone has wished him a happy birthday. I'll be the first: Happy birthday, Scott. Go buy yourself a gift, just in case the one your wife comes up with is lame. (Remember the shirt from Guatemala?)

14 comments:

Tiffanyww said...

Happy Birthday, Scott! Your family is lucky to have you!

Tiffany
BTW-how is the baby that cute? Oh my!

David said...

Happy Birthday from the Tennessee DeBry's. Hope to see you soon!

laurel said...

Happy birthday!

Jennie said...

I've heard about this pizza for years and yet, I didn't quite grasp the concept of the huge pizza until the picture. You are right. It could feed you for days.

Happy b-day Scotty! We hope you have a great day and that you know how much we all love and appreciate you. Even if you did tease me unmercifully for the first uh.... 15 years in the family. :) It was either because I annoyed you to no end or that you loved me best. I like to think the latter. Have a great day!

Elisa said...

Where on EARTH do you get a pizza that big? Looks like heaven to me!

Happy Birthday Scott! I hope its filled with lots of sweets!

Emily said...

That is a big pizza....!
Happy Birthday Scott, we hope you have a great day.
I told Esmae it was Dopps b-day and she said whens the party & will there be balloons.....?

The homestead said...

Happy birthday Scott. It was so fun get to know you better at Cooke. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Scott...who is a great dad! Loved reading your post about Xanthe. We may always wonder if food cravings, excess food or non eating isn't related to their history. Xanthe is still a cutie. Emmy misses seeing her:)

sws said...

happy b-day Scott. Many happy returns.....(what does that mean anyway?) Love, the scheullers.

Michelle said...

I am with Jennie, only Scott is still teasing me just like he has since I was 16. Funny thing is it make me feel like I am still 16 so that can't be bad! Hope it is a fabulous day!

Brent and Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Scott Dopp. We think you and your family are amazing. Have the best day.

Taylor Family said...

Happy Birthday Scott. You are one of the most loved people in our little family. Austin was sad you could not come to our house and play. Maybe next time.

Lisa and Tate said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!!!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Scott! Seems like just yesterday you were lightening the mood in algebra---or whatever that math class was---at Kaysville Jr. High! I feel really fortunate to still be enjoying your & Circe's friendships.