Sunday, October 18, 2009

Naughty and Nice





Wouldn't it be sad if holidays were just one-day events? The preparation is most of the fun! Araceli and Freestone helped me fill goodie bags for the Halloween party until they both went into sugar comas and passed out on the floor. Just kidding. They actually started spinning in circles on their knees, barreling around the room like whirling dervishes. If only sugar would make them pass out!

The Costume Queen delivered Golda's Alice in Wonderland costume, and it is fabulous. Fabulous! Michelle never ceases to amaze. Thank you!

Xanthe is already having serious reservations about Halloween. She is absolutely terrified of masks, like the dog in Marley and Me was terrified of thunder. Pathological fear. Tranquilizer-worthy. Scott put on this mask and scared the living daylights out of Xanthe. At bedtime, she asked me where the mask was.
"Where is that mask?"
"I put it away where nobody could find it."
"Far, far away in the whole world?"
"Yes."
"Daddy scared me with that mask."
"I know. Daddies can be silly and they like to tease."
"How about if we get a NEW daddy?"

In the end, we decided to keep Scott if he promised to use the mask only to scare Uncle Ryan. Nobody else. Xanthe got a little smirk on her face when Scott suggested scaring Uncle Ryan. Maybe Halloween will be fun for her after all.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

How come I knew that was Scott under the mask before you even said it was? So glad Golda liked her costume, she looks just a pretty as I thought she would!

Jennie said...

I'm laughing that X was tickled with the thought of Uncle Ryan getting freaked out by the mask. I'm sure he will gladly oblige. I can already invision the scene.

You are so good to have made the trek to SLC for the vaccines. If I wouldn't have had the foot appt. I probably would have been more up for going. Hopefully I can find some doses this week.

Jennifer said...

I love the dark floors in your basement. They are gorgeous!

Alicia said...

I'm glad Scott gets to stay. That's a funny story!

Anonymous said...

Hope Xanthe does ok this Halloween with the many masks. That is pretty funny she was willing to trade in her daddy unless he was scaring Uncle Ryan.

laurel said...

I can only imagine how truly, fun Halloween is at your house. Looks like you all will have a rockin' time.

love.boxes said...

I don't like masks either.. unless they are used just to scare uncle Ryan. :)

Angela Harris said...

Wow! That's alot of goody boxes you guys filled. This was my first year as a kindergarten room mom so I only had 20. It's so much fun!