Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Squash Your Appetite


I was in charge of making the home made root beer at the ward party on Saturday. I was proud of myself for whipping it together so fast, since I knew just what to do from last year. It has four ingredients. Easy, right? Well, I forgot the sugar. Have you ever tasted root beer flavored Alka-Seltzer? There's a reason it doesn't exist. I was able to add the sugar before the crowds arrived, but I thought it would be safe to stick to three-ingredient recipes for awhile.

For dinner, Spaghetti (Squash) Marinara. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, bake it, scoop it out over spaghetti sauce. It's fun because it looks just like spaghetti, but it's a lot tastier than noodles. I served it with a side of banana squash, which is my favorite. Of course, you can add all kinds of cheese or veggies, etc. If you can handle the pressure.

For dessert, I made pumpkin cookies from a friend's blog. Two spice cake mixes, a large can of pumpkin and...I can't remember the third ingredient. Oh yeah, the chocolate chips. Throw globs of it on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 17 minutes. There you have a good, healthy amount of squash for dinner. And some to share with friends, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds yummy. It even makes squash sound delicious!