Friday, May 20, 2011

Hey, Mother Nature!

Dear Mother Nature,

You seem a little weepy. I'm starting to worry about you.  I know it's a big job overseeing the planet and everything, and you probably don't really have anyone to talk to.  All you hear are complaints.  "Too much rain!  Not enough rain!  Global warming!  Why can't you make San Diego weather in northern Utah?"  No wonder you unleash a tornado here and there.  I get it.

I don't know what's going on in your personal life, and I don't know if you've noticed, but I think we're good on rain for awhile.  It might make you feel better if you changed it up a little bit.  Maybe some sunshine, a few scattered clouds.  Warmer temperatures.  I saw some blue sky in my corner of the world today, and I just wanted to say thanks.  I know you're probably doing what's best for the earth with all the rain, but humans are pretty bad at dealing with flooding, seeing as how our primary resources are sandbags and backhoes.  Hey, are you laughing at us??  I wouldn't be surprised.  We probably look pathetic, trying to save our homes and lives with our tiny tools.  Look, if you have something to say, just say it!  We're no match for your force, Mother Nature, so please cut us some slack. If you're feeling aggressive, focus on the South Pole.  They can't ever get enough snow.

Thanks, M.N.  Have a good one!

Love, Me

P.S.  Thanks for the baby snakes.  The kids are loving them.









2 comments:

Brittany said...

I agree whole-heartedly! By the way, where did you get baby snakes!

C and MC said...

I love those little snakes!