Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 2011...I Wish I Could Freeze Time











 This is my favorite.









When Ari was a tiny, precious baby with cherry red lips and a delicate little nose, I wanted to keep her like that forever.  When she was a willful three-year-old with a self-inflicted pixie haircut who did her own makeup, she was so fun I wanted her to stay, stay little!  When she was in kindergarten and spent her days playing with Ellison, fighting and reconciling, building kingdoms with their imaginations, I never wanted that stage to end.  Now Araceli, my Araceli, is a little girl harboring a growing teenager in her body.  I know I can't keep her young, but this is the last stop before my little Celi disappears forever.  I can already see a much older Araceli in some of these pictures.  It's thrilling, but heartbreaking at the same time.  I'm not afraid of the future when I see through the camera lens what a sweet, wonderful person Araceli is becoming.

I have to thank my niece, Alexis, for taking the time to give Ari a make-over and do a fun photo shoot.  Lexie is really, really talented in many areas.  She has an eye for design and does some pretty amazing photography.  At the prices she charges, (rock bottom!) you would have to be an idiot not to hire her to shoot your favorite people.  Thank you, Lexie, for capturing this girl before she slips away.  It means a lot to me.

5 comments:

michelle said...

Beautifully done Lexi! And I think the reason that one is your favorite must be because she looks so much like you! Beautiful girl!

Jennifer said...

The cello framing Ari (on your favorite) is really cool. Fantastic job, Alexis. Yes, Ari is beautiful. She looks far older than 9!

Jennie said...

Ari, you are beautiful. Thanks for being such a great model for Lexie. She loved doing this with you. She thinks you are one amazing young lady!

love.boxes said...

Ari, you look so pretty! I love those photos! Cello is my favorite instrument!

P.S. Jackie's group lesson is today at 4PM at my moms. If that doesn't work for G. We can reschedule for a different time. It's 4-5:30.

laurel said...

Wow! Amazing. So beuatiful and talented.