Monday, May 23, 2011

Take Me With You!!

I know you all get it;  Ptolemy is cute.  I've said it before, but I have to say it again.  Right now, he is having a fit in his crib because a nap doesn't fit into his plans for the day.  His plan is to go.  When Scott left this morning, Ptolemy screamed, "Ayanna go witchoo!  I go witchoo!"  He ran to get his shoes, but sadly, he was left behind.  For the next hour, he practiced all of his loud, angry words, which are:  "Go! No! and Mine!"  I took him to the ortho and ballet and the post office and the bank, but it wasn't enough.  He acts like his house is a prison. He won't sleep or eat.  He's like a rabid dog.  If you look him in the eye, he screams, "No!  Mine!  My go!  Ayanna go!"  He spends a lot of time at the front door, his nose up to the glass, as if he just knows the world is passing him by.  If I open the door, his demeanor changes instantly.  All of a sudden, he's a nice boy again.  "Thank you, Mama.  I go.  See ya!"  Then he takes off, toddling purposefully around the house to the back yard.  Once there, he looks up and calls "Bye, Mom.  I go a Coco's.  See ya!"  He trundles far enough that he thinks I can't see him, then lurks in the bushes for awhile before coming back in the house.  Everything is fine until I make the mistake of looking at him.  Then it's "No!  Mine!  I go!"  And we do it all again.

Today on the way to guitar, Ruby and I taught him what all the animals say.  Poor sixth child, he is way behind in animal sounds.  Golda had all of these down pat by the time she was a year old!  Once Ptolemy got the routine, he kept saying, "What kitty say?  What doggie say?"  If nobody answered, he got louder and louder.  "WHAT KITTY SAY??!!  WHAT KITTY SAY??!!"  Until Ruby and I were both going, "OK, meow!  Meow!  It says meow!  Stop crying!"  Ruby commented, "Oh, there was a dead kitty by the side of the road."  Tolly piped up, "What kitty say?"  I laughed.  Nothing.  Not that kitty!  Unless it was, "Meeee...OWIE!"

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Being the youngest is such hard work. Pooor Tolly. ;)