Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Paris?

I'm mad.  Mother Nature didn't get my letter because blogger erased it, and now it's raining again.  It makes me want to crawl in bed, so instead I'm focusing on our trip to France in the fall.  If any of you read Golda and Ruby's blogs, you know Coco and Bill are taking them (and me!!) to Paris.  They've been saving up so they don't have to scrimp on pastries and souvenirs.  this morning, Coco and I made a list of all the things we might want to see while we're there.  Coco is a hard-core Francophile, so she knows everything.  I lived there, in a little maid's quarters in Neuilly, when I was 14, for a couple of months.  I explored every inch of the city by hopping off the Metro at random stops and walking around.  Scott can't imagine our girls doing that on their own, but I thought it was wonderfully liberating and educational.  Coco made me promise I wouldn't turn my girls loose and see if they come back in one piece, however.  They will have adult supervision!

What I'm wondering is if any of you have favorite spots, activities, must-see destinations in the City of Light.  There are a thousand little cafes to discover and so many good museums and restaurants.  What would you do if you were taking young girls there for the first time? 

5 comments:

michelle said...

This is me with nothing to contribute to this question but green with envy. And really, there is going to come a time this summer when I miss these cool days right? So hard to imagine, enough rain!

Circe said...

Don't forget Ari mom! She is going for her "ten-year-old trip!:D
Ruby

Lisa and Tate said...

Circe...
I totally forgot to send you these two links to the blogs of families living in Paris and Normandy.

http://www.designmom.com/

This one has some great recommendatons for stuff in Paris.

http://jordanferney.blogspot.com/

Nate said...

Loved Paris but my favorites are all famous. The Louve, Notre Dam and the Sacre Coure on the hill overlooking Paris. What a great trip with your girls and mother.

sws said...

Pick a day or night and get Velib bikes..you can pick up and drop off all over Paris and it's a fun (and cheap) way to explore. I'd also love to check out the store "merci." Can I come??