Monday, May 23, 2011

Teacher Gifts


We are in the final stretches of the school year.  I can't believe it.  I have two conflicting thoughts:  "How could it have gone by so quickly?"  And "Why won't it END already?"  With only nine more school days to go, we're down to the library parties, teddy bear picnics, talent shows and finally, field day.  Ruby went to math today to discover that is is over for the school year.  So she is officially finished with 6th grade, because Ruby Academy closed its doors a couple of weeks ago!  Home school was a real pleasure, but I am glad I don't have to sustain that energy level for any longer.  We learned a lot and had some good times, but when we were finished with the curriculum, boy were we finished!  Thanks, Ruby.  You were a great student.

Michelle made pans and pans of rice crispy treats for me to package into these fun teacher gifts in star-shaped glass dishes.  I am so thankful for all of the great teachers we have in our lives, and there are a lot.  There are also the aides, volunteers, helpers, secretaries and administration who keep our kids safe and provide an environment that is rich and exciting.  I get unhinged a little bit thinking about all the hours of free time we'll have during the summer, but we're all ready.  I think I can handle some TV time and Popsicle eating in the near future.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Cute teacher gifts:)

love.boxes said...

Those are darling! I can't wait for summer either. It's going to be so much fun!

Kristi said...

Gosh, I haven't thought this far ahead yet. The gifts look great!