Sunday, February 5, 2012

Congratulations, Ari!



This Saturday was Araceli's cello graduation.  She hasn't always done Suzuki, so she is going back now and learning all the fun pieces from Books Two and Three.  She has a teacher who does a traditional method with her, with lots of etudes and scales and studies, and another teacher who does Suzuki and is giving her a lot of repertoire and recital experience.  We love both teachers so much that we can't narrow it down to just one, so we're glad they're willing to accommodate one another.

Ari's Suzuki teacher thought it would be fun to "graduate" from Book 2 by preparing the graduation piece, Bourree. I think Ari had fun practicing for the recital.  Bourree sounded great!  I picked her up from her basketball game Saturday and we went to the Salt Lake library for the big event.  I love being involved in Suzuki things because they are so organized.  You would be amazed at how efficiently the teachers moved 200 kids around with their cellos, chairs and rock stops!  It all went off without a hitch.  I wish everything in life was as well done, on schedule and streamlined as these Suzuki events.  I love opportunities like this to be inspired and to see my kids get motivated.  Above all, it was just fun to hang out with Ari.  If anyone figures out a way to articulate why we put our kids and ourselves through learning an instrument - without sounding hokey - let me know.  The closest I can come right now is a quote Ruby mentioned to me today:  "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music."  I don't know where the quote comes from, but...I love it.  I just want my kids to "hear the music."  It makes life beautiful.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Ari!..Keep up the good work...you are talented. Love, Tricia XO