Saturday, February 18, 2012

Today at Chevron...


Getting back in the groove, I made a couple of stops after I took Ruby to ballet today.  As I was putting gas in my car, I made a horrifying realization.  I forgot my bobsled.  And anyone who so much as glanced in my direction would know it because I was wearing white pants.  (At this point in the year, I don't know if it's before or after Labor Day, but the white pants are the only ones I can fit both legs into right now, so that's what I was wearing.)  I'm sure those industrial strength paper towels they have at the gas station are for wiping your windshield, but I now know they can have other applications too.

I'm sorry for the graphic nature of this information, but if there is anything I've learned from being in a book club for 15 years, it's how to over-share.  Men, you may or may not know this, but anytime you get a group of women together, the conversation will eventually turn to childbirth and/or breastfeeding.  Every time.  So we all have to have our arsenal of horror stories, and I can definitely add this one to my list.  The fact that other women have their horror stories too is reassuring for times like these when I think, "I'm 40 years old.  Is getting my act together just never going to happen for me?!"  Maybe not, but what kind of boring addition would I be to book club if I never hemorrhaged at the gas pump?

What about you?  What's your book-club-worthy-labor-and-delivery/breastfeeding anecdote?  Men, you can play your own version of this game, but Scott will beat you.  You know he will.

5 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

Can't stop laughing to write something witty. All I know is that you are priceless.

Catherine said...

Oh Circe! So sorry this happened...but also thankful for the smile! :o) Tziporah's diapers can also be your saving grace in a pinch. ;o) I say you were creative!

Jennie said...

Oh shoot. That is NOT fun. I'm glad there were paper towels close at hand. Oh, and I call bull crap on you fitting in to your pants. I saw you today and you totally had on cute JEANS. I mean, who can fit into JEANS only a week out from giving birth. You look amazing.

Julia said...

Way to go Brain cells for thinking of using the window wipes!!!! Love the over sharing, maybe that is why I love fellow book clubbers too!

Jennifer said...

You know the discharge spiel the nurses give you about watching out for clots the size of marshmallows? I asked the nurse one time, "Mini or regular?" Stopped her in her tracks.