Monday, February 6, 2012

Getting Stuff (Un)-Done

Two-year-olds are so efficient.  While I typed up a violin appraisal, Ptolemy took 28 pictures of his foot and made some phone calls.  After I got my appraisal printed, I wrestled the phone away from PT and returned some calls.  Meanwhile, Ptolemy found a pink crayon and traced his hand on my appraisal.  He finished his artwork with a few flourishes and then moved on to see what else he could "accomplish."  Now I'm printing new copies of the appraisal while PT throws the folded laundry on the floor.  It reminds me of a trick my brother used to have.  He would turn on the hose in the garage, then while my mom was cleaning up the flooding, he would open the fridge and pull out all the food.  While Mom was putting away the food, he would flood the garage.  He could keep Mom entertained indefinitely!

Now I'm laughing because I just got a text from a friend:  "Baby playing with the phone?"  Yes, Ptolemy sent a text saying, "Mm/!ooooooopppppp," and somehow included a green emoticon wearing sunglasses.  He's just here to brighten everyone's day!  Good thing he's so lovable.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh fun.... one day this too shall pass, huh? :) It is a good thing he is so dang cute. :)

The homestead said...

Glad you have so much help right before you have that baby.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

So fun. I am getting induced in the morning. I think our babies are up in heaven finishing up their classes together!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!..my he is growing so fast!..What a fun little guy!. XO Tricia

Catherine said...

LOL! PT is extremely efficient!

My 2yo is the same...until I ask her to help me clean up and suddenly, 'I not know how. I tooooo tired!!!'

They sure do keep us on our toes don't they?!