Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Goosebumps


Tuesday night basketball practice is over, and I'm going to miss it.  Freestone and I were developing a little routine.  Basketball practice ends at 8:45, so we just had time to race to the library and check out a new stack of Goosebumps or Horrorland books before we picked up Ruby from ballet at 9:00.  Freestone's favorite was the time we got to the library with just 30 seconds left before they closed.    Phew!  If Freestone doesn't have a book to read, it's a nightmare worthy of R.L. Stine.  He could write a horrorland book about a ghost kid who wanders around with his head hung down, groaning about not being able to sleep because he doesn't have a book.  I'll have to mention that to Freestone.  Maybe HE could write a book about it.

I think I'll still have to take Freestone to the library on Tuesdays, even without basketball practice, it's so much fun.  He checked out eight books last night and was already through the first one by morning.  Honestly, I have no idea how late that kid stays up.  Yes, I should check, but I know exactly how he feels about reading at night, and I don't want to put a stop to that.  Although, if I have to keep hearing Free talk about the plots to the various Goosebumps books, I might have to get him reading something else.  I did read one, Piano Lessons Can Be Murder, and it was surprisingly good.  Free says I have to read Monster Blood next.  I'm on it...I'm up late anyway.  I just hope I don't get too scared, Freestone!

3 comments:

Nate said...

Tziporah is beautiful! SO great that you find time to squeeze in for the library...what a legacy and a gift for your children!

Shane and Kenzie said...

Oh my I TOTALLY remember the goosebump books, and the piano one was the most terrifying to me. Whenever I am around one of those pianos that plays itself (and even the keys move) I instantly get "goosebumps" because of that book! (I'm surprised that Freestone can even sleep at night!)

laurel said...

That is so great he wants to read! I just put on the blog the three books I finished. It is so nice to hear about someone who loves words too!

I am also pretty impressed you squeeze that library time in. Dang. I would tell my kids no way. I think your kids are going to grow up to be independant, daring, strong and positive. Way to go. That is a hard thing to do and you do it beautifully.