Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Thing of Beauty




 I know I've told you about Women's Shelter, my Wednesday lunches with high school friends.  Since the baby shower at Sarah's, I've gotten in the habit of taking pictures of the table every week, when I remember.  Jennie and I joked that we're going to have to serve corn dogs out of a paper bag next time to bring the level of expectation down a notch.  As much as I like a good corn dog, I love the elegant tables, and I think we all love setting them.  Tiffany has quoted Dostoyevsky as saying, "Beauty will save the world."  I'm a believer.  Just looking at something beautiful lifts my spirits.

Jennie's post today captures so many good things about friendship, motherhood and beauty.  I just love it, especially her "Women's Shelter version" of the Constitution.  It's perfect.

Whether we lunch together or not, I do admire all the women around me who create beauty and give me an example to strive for.    


3 comments:

love.boxes said...

Amazing. What a blessing to be your friend.

Michelle said...

Yep, Women's Shelter is one of my greatest blessings!

Jennie said...

Love all the pics. Once again, we missed you. But... if you weren't with us, snuggling with Tz is the best place you could be. She's a keeper. :) And now... I must go to bed. :)