Friday, February 17, 2012

Enjoying Perfection





People who know me think I'm lying.  I'm telling you, I'm resting, taking it easy, doing nothing but admiring Tziporah and eating delicious food.  Really.  I even had Scott take Tizzy to the doctor while I stayed home and crashed for a couple of hours.  I ask you, how many dads do you know that would take a newborn baby to her first doctor's appointment all by themselves?  It was a fun little outing for the daddy-daughter duo.  Scott got a lot of attention from strangers for having such a precious little babe.  He's good with babies and great with showing them off, so the doctor's appointment was a perfect job for him.

She got a good report from Dr. Hoagland.  She has lost weight and is down to 5 pounds, six oz., but losing weight is normal for newborns, I guess.  And here I thought she was growing when she's actually been shrinking.  She's in the 3 percentile for weight and head circumference and the 20 percentile for height.  The doctor confirmed what we already knew:  Tziporah is perfect. :)

Scott is pretty perfect, too.  Having him home all week made me realize that a house is much easier to manage when there are two people working on it full-time!  I wish I had a permanent assistant.  Imagine getting twice as much done all the time and still having ample time to relax.  Oh, and we would also need someone to bring in dinner every night, warm and ready to plate if we were to maintain perfection.  We really have had a perfect week.  I feel so relieved and grateful that Tizzy is here to complete our family.  Thanks to everyone who has helped us so that we can enjoy the heavenly new arrival while she's so tiny. 


5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that Scott looks just as enchanted and in love with baby #7 as he did with baby #1 and every one in between. You guys really have a talent for enjoying your kids. They are all so perfect and I am so glad you are getting to savor this time with Tziporah. I am excited for my dinner turn so I can see her in person!

Catherine said...

Way to go Daddyo! How neat that he took Tziporah to her first appt! Glad you were able to get some rest too.

Ahhh...what a treat it would be to have a helper at home as well as make meals! Sweeeet! Oh well, at least we can dream Circe!

Your little, tiny love is absolutely precious! What a sweetie you have there!!!

Jennie said...

Those pictures are so cute! That last one is a show in for a Ruby look a like. :)

Anonymous said...

What a dad!....and helpmate to you. What a mom you are!..You are amazing, up and taking kids to lessons already!. You have not lost a beat!. You guys are the perfect couple to have seven beautiful children!..What precious pictures you have taken, Tziporah is so tiny and beautiful, she looks so safe and secure in her surroundings and shows it with her snuggly looks. Good going Scott for being such a good helper! and dad. Oh we wish we were there to meet her and hold her!..XO Tricia

Jacy said...

Congratulations Circe! She is so pretty and tiny and perfect! I'm happy for you guys :)