Monday, June 25, 2012

Bring in Da Noise

The Davis High Band is in full fund raising mode.  Today it was appearances at Boondocks with 15% of everyone's purchases going to the band.  When I dropped Golda off, she didn't know where to go and I said, "Just follow the nerds."  Ha ha.  Actually, the band at our high school is anything but nerdy.  It's one of the best high school bands in the country, and I'm learning just how prestigious it is, and how fun to be a part of.  Every good band has to have a rival, and ours is American Fork High School.  They keep Davis motivated with their skill.  Band drama to rival the best Colombian soap opera!

I recorded a few of the kids at Boondocks.  I loved when the flute section started to get a little loose and the band director walked over and tightened them up with a flick of his arm.  After my recording, the kids played "Dear Old Davis High School" and I got a little verklempt.  I guess having school spirit blasted at you from a dozen trombones and a crazy-good percussion section just forces you to wax nostalgic.  If you want to hear the band and you live in Kaysville, open your windows at 7:00 AM! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listening to the video made me nostalgic!...and seeing the mountains in the background, can't wait to be there for the Fourth of July next week. Golda looked awesome, "Dear Old Davis High School!" It is the best!..Want to try to go to Rose Bowl, the Band will be awesome!....it is on my bucket list!...XO Tricia

Jennie said...

Catching up on all the posts.... love all the dance pictures and vids. The girls had a great week. So fun that Golda is 15. Can't wait to see her in the caddy and on the road. Holy cow... the time is going by too fast. Hope she had a fun b-day.

Michelle said...

Love it!

Nate said...

I loved to hear them practicing on the streets throughout the old part of Kaysville for the 4th of July parade. Brings back good memories:)