Friday, June 15, 2012

Pineview












If it weren't for this list of ours, we would have missed a beautiful day at Pineview Reservoir.  The kids make fun of my list and ask me why we have to do everything on the list right now.  I say why wait?  I'm really conscious of not saying, "If we can just get through this, then..."  As if our lives can start at some later date.  Not true.  This is it!  Life is not a dress rehearsal, as they say.

So we spent most of the day at a quiet little beach with Nikki, Grandma, some cousins and a little lobster with one claw.  Who knew there were little lobsters in Pineview Reservoir?  We brought a bag of sandwiches and some cheese puffs for lunch.  Grandma and Nikki brought chicken salad, croissants, a fruit salad, a cooler full of drinks and a chocolate cake.  We could have stayed for three days! 

Marlene told us stories about her youth, spent at the lake waterskiing and meeting up with friends and cousins.  She said she and her cousin Norma would hitch rides on boats, or ride on Uncle Elmer's boat.  The lake is a great way to spend a day.  Our mountains are full of wonders.

By the way, Pineview was where Scott and I got engaged in 1995.  Well, it's where Scott found out that I had the wedding date set, the temple reserved and the rest of our lives planned out.  Scott was in shock, but I knew where we were going in life.

See, I had a list.

Sitting in the shade today with Scott's mom and his little sister, it struck me how utterly thrilled I would have felt, fifteen or twenty years ago, if I had known that my future included a day at the lake, with Scott Dopp's mom and his seven kids!  All my dreams came true.  I just didn't realize back then how amazing it would all be.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I knew we were missing out! I want to go next time! And I finally printed out my list today, cause I want to be just like you! I love happy endings!

Jennie said...

The food... I knew it was going to be good when I heard Grandma was going to go! :) Dang it! We missed out. But... I just don't think we could have fit it in today. Our basement is still a mess, but the carpet and tile is in. We are oh so close to being back to normal - whatever that is.

laurel said...

I seriously made a list too this year! How fun. I may add that activity to our list.

Anonymous said...

Loved this blog about crazy, lazy, hazy, summer days!..at Pineview..Looks so relaxing!...and fun. Brought back memories to me, like it did to Marlene, about the fun times had at Pineview. Some things never change,and that is a good thing. Glad you had fun. Maybe there is a day in there for us in July. XO Tricia