Saturday, June 23, 2012

But Wait! There's More!

Here is a video of Ari and Ellison's Indian Lands staging.  They sure had fun together in modern this year!  They were very expressive onstage.

Esmae, in the Three Little Kittens dance.  In some backstage irony, the mittens for the three little kittens dance were lost for the matinee.  None of the kittens got any pie that day.
Ruby's staging for Leo, ballet
Golda and Ruby's Jazz - Night Sky


I was looking for a heartwarming quote about cousins and I came across this one, which seemed perfect:  "God made us cousins because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters."  Hee hee!  Wait.  Do you think that's true?  I love these girls!  But strange things happen when they get together!




Italian ice and custard.  It's not recital week if you don't get treats.
Ari and Ellison imitating their moms' recital pose from circa 1988.
And here is the original picture.  It was Alice in Wonderland.  I was the March Hare and Sarah was the Mad Hatter.  We had a little pas de deux in the recital.  How I wish I had it on video!
Even if I don't have a recording of the original dance, we can still do the pose!  Sorta?  All we need are the ears and a pocket watch.  Recitals always leave us with good memories, funny quotes and pivotal moments.  Our best quote this year was from Xanthe when she found out one of her friends had quit ballet.  She said, "QUIT ballet?  How would you DO that?"  Xanthe is already pestering me about when she gets to go to Pat's and get her new ballet shoes for next year.  It will be her first year in shoes! She has tried on every pair in the house and they're all too big.  Patience, little one.












6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for treating my girls. Will you take a pie as payment? hee hee

I wondered why the matinee kittens had no mittens. Too funny!

Nate said...

Ruby and Golda were awesome last night...I really loved the Night Sky dance!

Michelle said...

My favorite part of this post is the old and new pictures of you and Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Such cute, fun pictures, beautiful costumes, beautiful girls. Love the one with you and Sarah and the one with you and your folks. Looks like a fun time had by all. Thanks for sharing. XO Tricia

C and MC said...

1988 huh? I'm on it. A live recording, there's got to be something in my grandma's basement! Those jazz costumes look so GOOD in pictures, I love them. :) Recital week is fun because I get to see you guys like EVERY DAY.

love.boxes said...

Recital was so fun this year and c loved being in class all year with R and G.. I hope it will work out for next year too!