Saturday, June 16, 2012

Welcome to Our Cafe



It all started when Ari said it would be fun to move in downstairs with Xanthe.  Scott moved all her furniture out, including the light switch covers.  Yep, it was time to repaint.  The walls were pretty hashed, and we all needed a change.  Since Coco had bought so many cute accents for the red-black-and white Paris room, we kept the black and white and painted the shutters yellow so we could use all the same things.  I mused over colors for a few days, trying to get excited about grey.  Grey is hard; I didn't want blue, pink or purple undertones, and I didn't want to go too brown.  I think we found two colors, a light one for me and a dark one for Scott, that are pretty true to black-grey, with just red and yellow oxide in the recipe.  I'm happy; it looks so tailored and sophisticated, the rest of our house just looks silly now.  (Uh oh!)

Now that the room is empty and adorable, everyone wants to move into it!  I still have a lot more ideas for the space, (songbirds...Holland...tulips...trees...bicycles...) but for now it's our spacious cafe.  It's so fun to hang out in a new, clean, empty space.  We just need a small fridge, a black love sac and a yellow couch.  Maybe Ari can move back in someday, but she's going to have to battle everyone else for the honor.

So for the summer, we have a new hangout.  Come on over to our cafe!  This morning, we're serving bread and hot chocolate...just like in Holland.  I'm still thinking about that theme...

7 comments:

jenn said...

Love it! I'm a little partial however since my favorite colors are gray and yellow (and navy). Really it is so cute, I love the shudders especially!

Jennie said...

So cute. I love how it turned out.

Michelle said...

You are seriously the Queen of Awesomeness! What a great room! Scott makes a great accessory too complete with his hat!

Catherine said...

Ooo...purdy! We'd like to book a reservation for two please!

Ernstfamilyfun said...

How fun! I love the paint colors, flowers and the curtains!

Shane and Kenzie said...

I loooovveee the new room! You are seriously amazing...with everything else you have going on you really found time to completely re-do a bedroom? Wow. I learn more from you every single day! (PS...does remind me of Holland too, eating a pastry out on the streets of Amsterdam overlooking the canals...ah...bliss)

Anonymous said...

Love it, will want to visit and have an Italian dessert when we come!....what will be your next project? You are not afraid of change!..so I am guessing something is in the works!..XO Tricia