Monday, January 25, 2016

Break Away


When did we book a trip to Hawaii?  If I recall correctly, it was right after our trip to California last fall.  Right after a trip is when trips seem to get booked.  We got home, had a rational conversation about how we should stop going on trips, and besides, we still had the Europe trip coming up, and we could wait on Hawaii.  Then flights were $300, and we caved.

This January, I've been so thankful to have that trip looming.  Araceli and I in particular needed some perspective.  I felt like I was swimming in toxic water, and I was having a hard time keeping my thoughts from spiraling into a dark abyss.
I wish we could have taken all the kids with us, but the three small ones went off with Nikki and Clint to Idaho, to the cabin for Mart Luther King weekend, leaving Sunday morning.  They were excited, and it made me happy.  The rest of us took off with no agenda, towards Las Vegas, where we had nowhere to be until the next morning.  Ah.  We made it out.  I took a deep breath.
The kids practiced their snorkeling
As a famous Vegas developer said, "A little bit of this town goes a long way."  So true, so true.  There were even better things in store for this trip, but man that Vegas hotel (not the one in the picture!!) was a luxurious first step.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Yeah! Been waiting for the Hawaii posts! More! more!