Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Festivities

No matter what, Christmas turns into a blur.  My idea was to focus on just spending time with people and not worrying about anything else.  That's why there are still Christmas cards in my purse.  I got a D- on organization this year, but it doesn't matter.
Having some cousins over for gingerbread was fun.  I invited them, bought some stuff and then left to run some ridiculous errand.  When I got back, the kids were happily doing their creating under Ruby and Golda's instruction.  




It takes a village!
Another daily visit to Nana Ruby
Some violin business
And a late-night movie with the Scheullers.  This must have been the 23rd, because as we stood in the freezing air talking after the movie, the clock struck midnight and it was Sarah's birthday.  My childhood was filled with memories of Sarah's fun Christmastime birthday parties.  Her birthday is tied with the holidays in my mind forever, with ice skating, tree trimming and reindeer visiting parties to celebrate this dear friend.  

No comments: