Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Positivity

How do I love Ptolemy?  Let me count the ways!  He is not just a ray of sunshine, he's the whole ball of fire.  He is literally enthusiastic about everything.  I had to take this picture at Araceli's cello recital before Christmas.  It was the day after Araceli and Freestone were rowdy at their orchestra concert and I was mad at Araceli.  So mad.  I dropped her off at the pre-concert rehearsal and took Ptolemy and Tizzy to a nearby Chinese restaurant that I love.  I didn't even really care if we made it to the recital, so we took our time and we were 10 minutes late.  We had to sit in the waaaay back, on the floor, with the cello cases.

Ptolemy's reaction to the seating arrangement:  "We get to sit HERE?!?  Right by the cello cases?!?"  Wow.  It was the same level of enthusiasm one would ascribe to being told you're going to Disneyland or you're getting a new puppy.  Yes, it was thrilling to sit on the floor in the back of a gym with a view of everyone's cases and a wiggly Tizzy on my lap while I seethed about Araceli's bad behavior.  Best day of my life.

I focused on Tolly and his unbridled happiness, and I felt better, like everything would be fine.  And of course, it was, and still is.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love it when our little ones teach us lessons!