Sunday, January 3, 2016

Imagine This

Tziporah has a rich imaginary life, with dozens of friends.  Today she was playing with three of her imaginary friends, Puplet, Starlet and Party Hat.  They were riding scooters and hiding in their fort behind the couch.  Tizzy wanted to know all about my imaginary friends, so I fabricated two pals on the spot, just so I wouldn't seem like a boring, friendless loser with no imagination.  My two friends were Sasha and Tasha, mermaids from the South Pacific.  Fair enough.

But then Tizzy asked Scott about his friends.  He quickly - a little too quickly if you ask me -   mentioned that his imaginary friends were named Bambi and Cookie.  Suspecting that his new friends were from an entirely different kind of grotto than my mermaid friends, I said to Tizzy, "Let's make Bambi and Cookie sixty-five years old!"  Sounded reasonable to her.  Sorry, Scott.  Bambi and Cookie can be Party Hat's grandmothers, OK?

No comments: