Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Hunt

Thank you to everyone who came to the Easter Egg Hunt despite the freezing cold and sleet-covered ground. Even more thanks to the die-hards who helped hide eggs and, of course, everyone who contributed eggs. As we were hiding the eggs this morning, Freestone was very proud of his role as a hider. As payment, he took one of the giant pixie sticks and put it in the car for later. I said, "Freestone, that's cheating!" He said, "Mom. If I were cheating, my whole basket would be full by now." So I let him have the giant pixie stick because obviously, he wasn't cheating!

It was cold this morning for sure, but it does warm my heart to live in a community where so many friends are willing to support whatever we do. Love you all!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Man that was a good time! Thanks so much!

Jennie said...

Another successful hunt! It was amazing as usual, despite the cold. I was acutally quite impressed with how many die hards showed up for the action. I thought for sure people would wimp out because of the cold and the snow. I'm glad everyone had a great time. Thanks for all your hard work!

Michelle said...

I didn't even see Freestone! I think he earned the pixie stick! OH, and like it is hard to show up for such a good time!

C and MC said...

WOW, that looks awesome. You are always doing fun things and inviting everyone. It is so cool. Happy Easter Weekend.

Taylor Family said...

Thanks Circe!!! We loved the Easter Egg Hunt it was so fun. It was the best yet.

Lisa and Tate said...

This looks so much fun.., freezing but fun!