Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coconut Cake

Besides Xanthe's Elaine Dance, Aunt Michelle's Coconut Cake seems to have been the hit of the luau.  Michelle always comes up with the most delicious concoctions, and she cooks like I do:  a whole bunch of this, a little of that, a glob, a spoonful, a pinch.  Well, actually I don't think a "pinch" is in Michelle's cooking vocabulary.  Her flavors are always over the top.

So here's the "recipe" for Michelle's cake.  She made it in a giant pan, so she probably used two yellow cake mixes to form the bottom layer.  She baked the cake, then for the middle layer, mixed pudding (banana or vanilla?) with a block of cream cheese and a can of pineapple tidbits.  The top layer was whipped cream and coconut.  It was so heavenly, I wish I had a big piece of it right now.  Good thing I don't have the ingredients!