Friday, April 23, 2010

Knuckle Sandwich

Ari:  Mom, do you ever want to punch someone in the face and not get in trouble for it?

Mom:  Yeah, I do.  I really do.

Ari:  Me too.

I don't know who is on Ari's list, but I'll tell you who's on my Knuckle Sandwich list.  It starts with the mom who was 20 minutes late picking up her kids from my ballet class, 50 to 66 percent of my own kids and the guy who drove in front of me 10 miles under the speed limit when I was in a hurry.  That little incident prompted Ruby to ask, "How is that patience thing working out for you, Mom?"  Let me tell ya how it's working out for me.  It's making me want to punch somebody in the face.

6 comments:

Christina said...

So do I!!!

Amanda said...

Hilarious! If only our little darlings knew how close they push us sometimes do to that very thing!

Michelle said...

right there with you!

Anonymous said...

The 50-66% of your kids made me laugh! Thanks for the book recommendations..I always check to see what you are reading now.

sws said...

The words "knuckle-sandwich" have always made me laugh. Sounds like Ruby has a little of scott's wit. too funny.

laurel said...

Hee hee he hee he hee hee!!!!!!!