Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Star is Born

 No paparazzi, please!

Guess who got the part of "The Admiral" in the Sound of Music?  (Not to be confused with The Captain, who is the main character.) Out of all the people who auditioned (one or two), Scott got the part.  He was lucky to get it because he told them at the audition things that you should never mention when you want a role, such as, "My wife signed me up to do this, but I really don't want to," "If the other guy wants it, let him have it," and the height of hubris for an actor just starting his stage career, "I don't do theater.  Only film."  Maybe it was that last statement that landed him the part.  They could see he had innate comedic skills and thought they could mold that into something.  If they do mold Scott into a stage actor, they will be starting practically from scratch, since the "high school acting experience" I alluded to in talking to the director was being best friends with Erik Hickenlooper, the kid in Saturday's Warrior.  That counts, right?

I for one think it will be a great experience for Golda and Ruby to be in a play with Scott.  The girls' initial reactions ranged from mortified (Golda) to supportive (Ruby) to jealous (Ari).  Now Ari wants Scott to be in her play too.  Scott, you up for another role?  Probably not.  He really already has his hands full as the chauffeur in "Driving Miss Golda/Ruby/Araceli."  It's a supporting role, but it's a lot of work.  It does come with a private, reserved parking spot in our garage, courtesy of Ari and a foolishly unguarded can of blue spray paint. 

Thanks for being such a good sport about everything from drama to spray paint, Scott. Break a leg!

8 comments:

Jennie said...

OMGOSH! That is crazy. At first I thought you were joking. I'm so excited to see him. We'll even manage to get Ryan there to see it.

The girls are going to love being in a play with their dad!

Michelle said...

Laughed out loud at this one! As one who was in choir with Scott and Eric I stand as a witness that they were both huge "characters". I am sure he will be great, we can hardly wait to see him. And with parking spot like that his local fame is assured.

Jenny said...

Scott, you are a good man! Can't wait to come and see your acting debut!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the admiral! I love Ari's reserved parking spot. She is looking out for dad.

Jenny said...

That is one play that will make me laugh just having you on stage. You only live once and you can knock this off your bucket list.

Jeremy

Taylor Family said...

I love it!!!! Can't wait to see it.

laurel said...

LOVE IT!

Emily said...

Circ you have some serious persuasion skills! I need a lesson. Congrats Scott!! What a Dad!