Friday, February 11, 2011

Attack of the Tolly





I could write a blog post every day about the joys and frustrations, tricks of the trade, funny occurrences, road blocks and building blocks of practicing music.  In fact, I started a blog dedicated just to that, but I didn't have time to write on it because of...all the practicing.  Someday it will all amount to something, maybe, but for now, it's my time with each kid every day, and I guess I really like it.

This morning, Ptolemy got tired of watching Freestone and decided it was high time for him to play the violin.  Most people don't have violin bows just lying around the house, but...we do.  Ptolemy found one and rushed over to Freestone, whacking his violin and his fingers with the bow.  Not exactly beautiful music, but Tolly was quite pleased with himself, until Free started crying.  Tolly was upset and went on a little rampage with the bow, running around slicing it through the air and banging it on the floor, shouting, "No no no no nooooooooooo!"  Rather than give up his weapon, he threw it through the stair railing.  Clever.  Now Mom will never find it!  When it's Ptolemy's turn to choose an instrument, I'm going to steer him toward something he can't catapult or whip people with.  Piano?  Organ?  Bach's Toccata and Fugue is exactly the sound that I hear when Tolly is on one of his rampages!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

What a cute Tolly Man. Even with his antics, he is still our favorite Tolster.

Jennifer said...

NAH-na-na, na-na-NAH-na.

Maria said...

He is so cute! I can just imagine M and M hanging out and getting into trouble with Tolly!

michelle said...

Definitely a moment you needed to capture!