Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stadium of Fire


 Freestone is on a Beyblade kick, thanks to The Cousins.  Beyblades have kept them busy for hours at family gatherings.  Free earned one Beyblade and somehow acquired another one, but he didn't have a stadium to play them in.  I told him he could earn a stadium if he finished learning a new song.  He tried and tried to convince me that he couldn't play with his Beyblades if he didn't have a stadium, ergo he shouldn't have to earn one.  A Beyblade stadium should just be an inalienable human right.  Not only did that not fly, but Freestone also temporarily forfeited his life, liberty and pursuit of happiness while he worked on May Song.  For three hours after school yesterday, Freestone worked to get May Song "You Tube Ready."  That term made me laugh every time Free said, "OK.  OK.  I think I'm You Tube Ready.  Get the camera." He was on fire!  He just started this song on Friday, but for a stadium, the goal had to be something challenging.  We tried dozens of times to get the song perfect on tape, but the only time he played it for the camera with no mistakes and no kids standing in front of the camera demanding dinner, I didn't have the camera on.  Oops.  Finally, Ptolemy, in a Dove Chocolate-induced frenzy, brought the whole project to a screaming halt.  How do you get to Carnegie Hall?  Not like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZGqq6HMudQ

Fortunately, Carnegie Hall wasn't the goal.  The goal was Toys R Us.  I took Freestone last night to Toys R Us.  He claimed it was his first trip ever to Toys R Us, and it's probably true.  Toys R not us.  I hate toys.  But something came over me in that store, and I wanted to buy buckets of Legos big enough to build a solar system and enough dollhouses to start my own commune.  We managed to find the last Beyblade stadium (cheapest, flimsiest piece of plastic EVER) and get out of there before I snatched up my own stable of little ponies.

Thank you, Beyblades creators.  Now get to work!  I need something new to help with the next song.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Bey Blades. Those are words I hear EVERY day. :) Even Izzy is now in on the action.

Tolly is going to be playing the Twinkles before we even know it. I love his little Dove Chocolate face. Free! Great job! Free, you need to tell Collin how much you love playing an instrument. I am trying to talk him into starting piano. So far, he is not biting. :)

Nate said...

I loved it...especially Free's bow at the end of his performance while Tolly was demanding attention! Yao Yao loves Dove chocolates as well:)

michelle said...

I don't know why you didn't let that poor child play! Obviously he senses he is the next child prodigy, althougth I think the cello may be more his instrument. He knows where to put it! The Tiger mother has nothing on you!

laurel said...

Never heard of them. We are into (Alex)buckyballs.