Saturday, February 12, 2011

Puppy Love






We had a painting day for girls today, and somehow here I am posting pictures of boys.  The girls tried to stick to a Picasso/Cubism theme to go along with the "Ruby Academy" curriculum, but Freestone's project was the most fun.  He loves dogs so much, I knew he would respond to the Blue Dog you see everywhere.  He told me he hates to paint, but he jumped in when he saw me working on the big dog face.  He then found a picture online of the blue dog in the t-shirt and copied it.  The best part is the t-shirt caption that Free came up with:  "I heart dogs."  Free insisted that I take a separate picture of him with each painting, then both together.  How could I resist such enthusiasm?

Ptolemy was just enthused to be part of the action.  Ari set him up with water colors and away he went, stopping only for a pensive high chair pose there at the end in his artist bandana.  Maybe he lost his muse.  What is his muse?  Apple sauce?  Curious George?  His blankie?

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Great work Free! Sorry we missed it. Our time was tight today and Lex wanted to head over to Plato's in search of boots. :)

The homestead said...

How fun. I love that even the baby painted today!

Amber said...

That looked so fun-- there just aren't enough hours in the day!! We are sorry we missed it too-- I didn't tell my girls exactly what it was so they wouldn't be sad, but we'll definitely have to get them together again.

love.boxes said...

I knew it was going to be so much fun. Dang.

michelle said...

I love Free's pictures! They have to go hang in his room! And Tolly is a natural! Love his bandana!

Nate said...

I love your art projects including the blue dog! Fun to see you yesterday:)

sws said...

A Masterpiece! Good work, Free!

Kristi said...

The cultural experiences happening at your house are nothing short of amazing to me. Freestone did an awesome job with the dog paintings!

Cute Tolly. The last picture made me smile. :)