Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Things I've Learned Lately


I've learned what happens when a dirty diaper goes through the wash.  (Cleanest baby poop you've ever seen.)

I've learned that I am capable of eating far more Hershey's kisses than I thought I could, if I just apply myself.  (No, they're not the family scripture study stash!  That's sacred!)

I've learned that a huge piece of Styrofoam can live safely on our front porch for weeks without fear of anyone throwing it in the garbage.

I've learned that my car can run on empty for two days, and that I can drive with the "low tire pressure" light on indefinitely.

I've learned that navy beans, chicken stock and a roux make soup that the kids love, as long as there's cheese on top.  The beans were going to be the beginning of a delicious soup when I put them in the crock pot at 8 am.  At 5 pm when the beans were still in the crock pot alone, I learned that the kids love soup that's unspoiled by those pesky vegetables. 

I still have a lot to learn, but at least I have these five valuable lessons under my belt!


4 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for sharing, I feel smarter for having stopped by. :)

Seriously, you are too much. I've also mastered a few of those skills, specifically hershey kiss consumption and driving on empty. We're awesome!

laurel said...

I don't even have to apply myself when I eat chocolate....it just slides down my throat effortlessly!

You have such a great sense of humor!

Hey, I am curious, did you have to re-wash the clothes the dirty diaper was with or did they come out okay?

Nate said...

The diaper saga is pretty funny! Hershey's kisses will cure many things:)

C and MC said...

Can I add one of mine? Today I learned that if we put all of the paper clips in a piggy (elephant) bank, Camden cannot as easily just dump them all back out and disperse them throughout the house. :) p.s. don't mention paper clips and Camden in the same sentence to 'ol Clytie A, she'll have a conniption. Thanks.