Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine



Xanthe found a little package of valentine goodies on her bed with a note from Mama and Daddy.  She asked, "Why did you do this?"

I told her, "Because you're my little valentine!"
"Are the other kids?"
"No, just you."

That's what she wanted to hear!  And in return, I got a big smile and a giggle.  That's a good valentine from my little sugar baby.  Later, Scott rang the doorbell and delivered big donuts for breakfast.  And after ballet Xanthe said, "Can I get sumpin at McDonald's or sumpin?  I've been nice!  I didn't even wake you up in the night!"  As if she wasn't spoiled enough, I bought her a cheeseburger.  And she was so cute the lady at the window gave her a free Frosty.   Charmed life, huh?  I hope everyone has a Valentine's Day this sweet!

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

This cheered me up! After a week of sick people, a mountain of laundry (hydrate before climbing) and carpet that I hate mocking me... I was ready to become an alcoholic on the couch ... but Xanthe's smile has made it all better.

Nate said...

Xanthe has a great smile. Touched my heart how she wanted to be the special one who got the valentine!

Michelle said...

Love that Valentine!

laurel said...

That is so sweet! What a cutie. I love Valentine's Day too!