Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Most Amazing, Fabulous Website Ever

www.freerice.com

This website is AMAZING!!  It has quizzes in several different subjects and it moves you up or down difficulty levels depending on whether you get the answers right.  Ruby uses the vocabulary, grammar, geography, art and world capitals, but we're planning on using some of the other subjects, too.  Ari and Freestone think it's fun.  The best part is, they donate ten grains of rice to the world food programme for each of your right answers.  (You have to log in.)  It just might be addictive.  Freestone is already a little OCD about it.  He keeps track of the grains of rice as they fill the bowl.  He had to go to the bathroom while he was playing the math game and he asked me to earn rice for him while he was gone.  I did geography and got a little addicted myself.  If you miss a question, it keeps coming back, so you really learn.  And donating the grains of rice is genius.  Go fill a bowl of rice, but be careful...you might get smarter while you're at it!

4 comments:

Michelle D said...

My favorite site ever I've spent many hours there (in fact I had to work overnight to be available for a project and I spent the whole night there. Art history is my favorite.

I also like how it not only asks the asme question so ou learn it, but how it teaks you down levels as you show difficulty.

Nate said...

Thanks for the website. Anything that could make me smarter than a four-year-old and a one-year-old is great:)

Brittany said...

I set up an account! This website rocks!!!

Michelle said...

B is totally hooked. Thanks!