Saturday, August 21, 2010

Business Week


Scott goes on trips, business or otherwise, so infrequently that it's a big deal, and very exciting. He spent this past week in Logan for a prosecutor CLE. The kids were sad to see him go, and waved until he was out of sight. Xanthe said, as soon as he turned the corner, "It's no fun without Daddy!" The next morning, Ari woke up and asked me, "What time is it where Daddy is?" I think they pictured him someplace a lot more exotic than a town an hour away. I was glad Scott had the chance to go and take a break from the norm, and I was also a tiny bit thrilled about having all those late nights to myself with nobody to hog the remote or the ice cream! As much as I love my alone time, I did end up spending a fair amount of time texting Scott every night. I guess you could say I missed him!



I was so tempted to send Scott these pictures of the kids and their paint rollers, to give him a hint about what we were up to while he was in his classes, but I resisted. I wanted him to be surprised when he pulled into the garage and some of the ugly drywall was painted white. I didn't have time to do the whole garage, but it looks 100% better already, especially since I KSL'd a lot of stuff. (Yes, it's a new verb.) The garage is bare!


While we were at the pool Friday, Scott arrived home and set out gifts for everybody on the mantel. Scott just might be the best gift-giver in the world, and the kids were absolutely beside themselves when they saw the ring pops, soda cans, hotel amenities and new clothes. As fun as the gifts were, the best present of all was having Daddy back. He had missed us so much, he came to the pool with us and withstood an onslaught of adoring children mauling him like he was a rock star. I'm thankful he didn't drown! At one point, he had 3 or 4 kids on his shoulders and a couple more hanging onto his chest hair to stay afloat. He might think twice about going away for so long next time. Or maybe he'll just think twice about coming home!

4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Scott is such a fun Dad. I know from experience how fun he is because he was such a great brother. I bet he was missed. We had fun with your kids the other day. I will post some pictures.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Love the Deville. He needs a hat in that one.

Jennie said...

I get the business trip bliss thing. To me, it means no pressure to fix dinner, no pressure to pick up the house, etc. Not that Ry adds pressure. he doesn't really care. But I care. Let me know if you finished any good books. I'm working on knocking out the "light" book. Maybe Mocking Jay will be my next read. Maybe I'll buy this one and actually lend it to you. That will be a switch. :)

Michelle said...

I feel the same way about business trips! I think a clean, painted garage is probably the best gift you could give a man though!