Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Best

We got to see our littlest nephew, Kiptyn, blessed today.  He is beautiful and much loved.  Congratulations, Nikki and Clint!  I'm so glad he turned out as cute as Ptolemy! :)

So I was sitting next to Freestone in the Sacrament meeting when Nikki got up to bear her testimony.  Freestone whispered, "I don't even have a testimony."
I said to him, "That's OK.  You can use mine until you get one," and ruffled his hair.
He said, "What IS a testimony, anyway?"
I told him, "It's when you know Heavenly Father loves you.  Do you know Heavenly Father loves you?"
He nodded.  He knew. 
I said, "Then you have a testimony.  You don't even need to use mine."
A smile twitched at the corners of his lips and he looked up at me, proud.

That's a good testimony meeting.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is a really good meeting! Love it!

Jennie said...

What a sweet guy! You'll have to save that one for the mission farewell post. :) Oh sad.... Free and Col leaving on missions! That is happy and yet too sad to think about. I think I'll go and eat one of Marlene brownies to recover. :)

Jennifer said...

Priceless.

laurel said...

Seriously awesome!


I have been gone for a week....girls camp. So glad to catch up! I missed the party that goes on at your house.

The Mink Family said...

Agreed. Very sweet moment!