Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fashionist-o

It's official.  Back-to-school shopping is done, and everybody from Preston to Golda is outfitted and excited for the first day of school and beyond.  I am grateful to report that I had nothing to do with it.  It's all down to Scott, and with supplementary shopping trips, lunches out and wardrobe additions from Coco, who makes sure everyone feels prepared and fashionable.  One of her specialties is shoes, which are expensive, and that helps so much.  Thanks, Coco, for all the spoiling!

I know it's not fair that a girl like me landed a guy like Scott.  There are so many women out there who would kill to have a husband who loves shopping, and I never take advantage of it.  I don't deserve this fashionist-o!  But I do really, really appreciate him when school shopping comes around.  He has been setting aside funds and having the kids make lists of what they have and what they need.  He has been scouting for coupons and sales and planning and organizing all summer.  As of late, there have been several-to-many days out on the town, beginning with an excited kid or two jumping in the Caddy, list in hand.  After numerous shopping stops and a lunch or dinner at a fun place, Scott returns home exhausted, trailing a beaming Sherpa of a child, hauling in acquisitions to display on the couch.  My only job is to get home from the pool in time to see the fashion show.

One more week of the strange confluence of heaven and hell that is summer break, and then we're Back to School.  It's bittersweet, but one thing I know is that everyone will look great.  Thanks, Scott.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

But watch out. If he spots you innocently shopping at Target he will scare the living daylights out of you! Brittany is still laughing and had a great time recreating the "mom scare" for her brothers. I told her Scott has been doing stuff like that to me since I was a teenager. Good to know some things never change.

Anonymous said...

What a great dad! Good luck with school starting next week:)

Amanda said...

Ummm . . .do you want to send Scott down here to take my kids school shopping? I desperately tried to get to Kohl's today before my 30% off coupon expires, but I just couldn't get there! My kids may be wearing holey jeans that look like they're ready for a flood! Or at least have Scott call Brandon and give him some tips! :) Good job, Scott!