Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Night Lights

It was a beautiful night to live in a small town and cheer at a high school football game.  Look at that sky! 
Do you like my shirt? No, I'm not preggo. But thanks for wondering.


As awesome as the Davis High football team is, we were really there to see the halftime show:
I think those are the Jr. D'Ette girls, anyway.  The D'Ettes ran a clinic for the girls all this week at 4:00 every afternoon and our talented friend, Libby, invited the girls to participate.  Heatstroke notwithstanding, the clinic was great fun!  Don't you see Araceli and Xanthe out there on the field?  I stuck Xanthe's hair in a ponytail right on top of her head so I could spot her, but I still had a hard time.  I did see Ari do some great moves!
Aren't they adorable dancers?  Ruby was impressed by the real D'Ettes' performance and inspired to work hard and try out someday.  On the way out of the stadium, we ran into Ptolemy's BFF.  Camden tottered right over to Tolly and hugged and kissed him!  Too much cuteness for one football field!


So...the first week of school, despite a few glitches, went out with a smile.  Ain't life grand?

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Cute! I was wondering how it turned out. I drove past on my way to Matt's house around 6:30 and it was total rain. I'm glad you had a few minutes of clear sky.

Seeing the stands filled with a new set of Dopps is a little crazy. Fun and exciting, but crazy.

Oh, and Rubes... you are gorgeous. Love the eyes, love the shirt, love the hair, love it!

pss - oh and Circe, you guys should do the preggers thing. Tolly is so much fun for all of us, let's do it again. :)

psss - our movie was rained out. bummer. we'll let you know when we do it again.

C and MC said...

I LOVE your pictures. Chris told me Camden was getting up close and personal with Tolly backed against the fence. :) I am so glad you had your camera. Those are WAY better shots than I can ever get of Cam. Good job Xanthe and Ari! The half time was so cute.

C and MC said...

I just linked to you from my blog, let me know if you rather I didn't. Thanks again. Go Davis!

Michelle said...

Okay now I have seen it all. First a daughter of Scott's in a pageant (yeah!) and now little D'ettes! I wish I had gone! I am all nostalgic now and miss Dart football! They are definitely the cutest little D'ettes ever!