Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dog's Life


Hey everyone, it's Prestie, the new dog in town. My people are away, that old dog Star is tired of my antics and I'm bored, so I thought I'd blog a little. The thought process behind writing will be good practice for my singing-acting-dancing career. I've already come a long way from that cardboard box on the street corner in Nowhereville, Idaho. Man, I had to get outta that cowtown. I sure charmed that old man who bought me! This place ain't much better, but I'm working my way to the top.

So anyway, for the blog I took about a hundred pictures of myself, but I can't seem to get one that captures my zippy, energetic-yet-cuddly personality. I look confused and forlorn no matter how much I try to smile. Must be the snout. The kids around here all think I'm impossibly cute, but I beg to differ. See, I have this one ear that won't stay up, and then one that won't stay down. Dogs don't make it in The Industry with lop-sided ears, and these people I live with don't look like the type that would spring for plastic surgery. My only hope is to hone my voice so that I can make it as a singer-songwriter with a quirky look. There's a market for that. Every night when my people lock me in the bathroom with nothing to do, I work on my voice. My vibrato, in particular, needs a ton of work, as do my high notes. That High C is a killer, but I am very dedicated. How can I not make it if I practice two, three hours a night when the rest of the world is sleeping? I'm bound to get ahead, right?

And whenever I play with the kids, I work on my expressions. I might look like I'm just a playful little pup, but I'm constantly workshopping different personnas. Feisty, tough, scrappy, lovable, sweet...whatever I think casting agents could be scouting for. You never know who might show up at the house at one of these birthday parties.

Until my lucky break comes along, I'll just keep my furry head down, pee where they tell me to and try to avoid becoming kibble for the Afghan hounds next door. One day these suckers will be able to say they knew me when! So anyway, it looks like old Star has drifted off. I gotta go jump on her head and give her a tug on the ears. I can't help it. What can I say? I'm still a puppy. Gotta play the part. Later, dudes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Two dogs and six kids and a million different practices and lessons. Sounds like wonder woman's world:) It was fun to see you and the kids at the park today!

laurel said...

PRetty funny! Cute dog. Good to see you today!