Monday, March 5, 2012

Easter Egg Info

I mentioned this to the book club email list and the family a few months back, but I thought I should make sure the word is out that we're not doing the Easter egg hunt this year behind the school.  We'll be out of town that day!

I know some people plan on it, since it's been at the same time/place every year.  If anyone wants to take over and have it this year, please do!  It's pretty darn easy to pull off.  We do stuff 50 dozen extra eggs because, well, that's just how the math works when some kids are super fast at collecting eggs.  :)  If you want to be in charge of it this year, please let me give you a BUNCH of eggs I have.

Traditions are what makes life meaningful, but I have to admit, it's been liberating not having to think about the hunt this year.  There's a twinge of sadness at breaking the streak, but life has to be elastic or you can become beholden to the very things that were created to bring happiness.  The only constant in life is change, right?  That being said, we'll see you next year at 9:00 behind the school, the Saturday before Easter.  Until then, carry on without us!

No comments: