Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How Thunder and Lightning Came to Be

Last night, 8:30, conversation between Freestone and me:

Mom, do you KNOW when my book report is due?

Please don't say tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I knew it!  Aaaarg!

And I'm going to need some puppets and a fog machine.

As it turned out, we bought two birds and some dry ice and rounded up a couple of Easter eggs, batting and a box of "villagers."  Freestone typed a script and the camera crew got it in three takes.  Here they are.  TAKE ONE!  TAKE TWO! TAKE THREE! 

The first two takes include some serious battles between me and fits of giggling.  Freestone and his ideas are so darn cute, I couldn't help it! I suddenly realized in the middle of the night that we forgot to use the dry ice.  Shoot!  We might have to think of something else to use it for today.  I'm sure Freestone will come up with something good.

6 comments:

sws said...

A++++++++ We were all giggling along with you! Those darn eggs - and Ruby's cloud arm was amazing. Well done, Free, I feel like I read the book. Very impressive!!

laurel said...

I just laughed. Only you would say in a sentence, And I am going to need puppets and a fog machine..... Almost like it is a normal thing. You are so great!

Can't wait to hear the details.

Anonymous said...

Good report Freestone, great video, you had me laughing hearing you laugh!...fun..How do you come up with such great ideas at the last minute? XO Tricia

Nate said...

He is pretty creative. Hope his teacher was impressed!

Kristi said...

Very clever! I have to admit your gigges were my favorite part. You have one of those laughs: hearing it makes me want to laugh too. Cute!

Jennie said...

I love it. You're so good. I think I would have freaked out a bit and then launched into a lecture about waiting until the last minute. :) I loved the video. So creative!