Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Karma

Tizzy was crying. Ptolemy was rummaging through the pantry. The house wasn't getting clean.  Phone calls and emails weren't getting answered because I could NOT find my phone.  And I hadn't had a chance to go to the bathroom all day.  Giving up on finding the phone, I dashed into the bathroom.  In frustration, I muttered, "Come ON, universe!"  Just then, my phone plopped into the toilet.  It had been in my back pocket the whole time.

Moral of the story:  When you're at your wits' end, don't curse the universe.  The universe will get you.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh man! I did hear if your phone gets wet to put it in a box full of rice and the rice will absorb the moisture. Worth a shot. Tomorrow is going to be better I promise-It's Shelter!

Catherine said...

Oops! Hope you were able to toss it into a bag of rice and save it!

PS - Is it wrong that I'm giggling just a bit? ;o)

Jennifer said...

Your sense of humor is intact. Take that, universe!

Ernstfamilyfun said...

LOL. That's pretty funny. But not for you I guess. I'd better be careful about what I say or my phone will end up in the toilet!

Nate said...

That is really funny! Wonder if it survived the fall:) Emi once ran and threw mine in when she was just old enough to waddle and it didn't survive! At least you found it!

Kristi said...

Oh no! Ditto on the rice advice. (ooh, poetry!)

Hey, are you up for a visitor? What does your Friday afternoon look like? Throw other options at me if that is a no go. :)

Jennie said...

Oh Shoot. I'm glad you were able to get a new one ordered. Next time Tiz if having a bad day, give me a call. I'm always up for some baby time.

laurel said...

Haa ha haa!