Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Conversation With Freestone

Do you think I could have my very own dictionary?

Yes!

But that's expensive.  I'll wait until I find my wallet and then I can give you my 10 dollars.

Or you could practice really well all week and I could buy you one as a reward.

Oh, I don't think I deserve that.  I've already practiced really well for 3 weeks and I still haven't earned a dictionary.

Why don't we practice for one more week and make it four, then you can have a dictionary?

How about five.

Well, OK.


Experts are right on this one.  Let kids choose their own rewards and punishments, and they'll be harder on themselves than you are!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL! Glad you captured this one! Will need to keep the whole 'allow a child to choose their own discipline' when little Miss H gets older.

Happy practicing Freestone.

love.boxes said...

AND pick better prizes!