Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Halloweiner



Today is the big day of Xanthe's book report!  Actually, Monday was the big day, but I realized it on Tuesday when I said to myself, "OK, what's the next thing I need to think about?  Xanthe's book report.  Let's look and see when that is so we can get it done in plenty of time...Oh, it was yesterday.  OK, new plan."  Xanthe wanted to do a funny Dav Pilkey book called Halloweiner about a dachshund whose mom dresses him up like a hot dog for Halloween.  All the other dogs make fun of him until he saves the day. 
 After we read the book a few times, Xanthe got to work on her artistic rendering of the dog.  She packed her art work, the book and a stuffed dog in a big box this morning and she was ready to go.  The teacher's book report note said, "I will take a picture for you," which is a brilliant way of saying, "Don't disrupt our class during book reports."  So I don't have to go, which is good because I would have probably forgotten anyway.  I hope Xanthe does a good job!  I know she will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know she will do a good job!..especially with that picture..cute!..and she looks adorable!...her hair has really grown? Sounds like a fun book...the days go so fast it is hard to keep up on everything, especially when you have seven and yourself and Scott!...you do a good job!.XO Tricia P.S. When is dance performance? Hope you post pictures!. and the Music Man?

Jennie said...

What a great picture. I'm sure it went well. I bet she nailed it.

Those camping pics are awesome. There are so many good ones. The boys look like they were in heaven.

laurel said...

Love the dog!!! Laughing so hard that you got the book report the next day!!!! Hee Hee.....that is something I would do!

love.boxes said...

I love teachers who don't want their class disrupted.. they are the good ones. Fantastic Job! I love that cute doggie and cute Miss X. When did her hair get so long?