Thursday, May 3, 2012

Top Ten Reasons I Do Not Want to Buy a Tent (Attn: Scott)

1.  Camping.

2.  Sleeping in it.

3.  Kids setting it up in the front yard and killing the grass.

4.  Mildew.

5.  Storing it.

6.  Being a person who owns a tent.

7.  Guilt from not using it.

8.  Probable inability to ever get it back in the box.

9.  The existence of hotels and condos.

10.  The smell.

That said, does anyone have a tent we could borrow?  If not, we'll have to buy one today for the Fathers and Sons Camp-out.  Then you can all borrow ours anytime, because heaven knows, we'll only use it once a year!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Didn't Jen buy one for Chris? Ours "accidentally" was sent to DI when we moved to CA. You left out I'm too old to sleep on the ground and Mosquitoes.

Catherine said...

Sorry, no tent to offer here for reasons 1 through ummmm....10 above! :o)

Happy hotel shopping!

sws said...

hahaha! We may have a two man that we got for a wedding gift - used it once or twice. Let me know if you want me to try and find it!

C and MC said...

We have a sweet tent. It fits in a tiny little bag. :) Text me if you want it.

Anonymous said...

If anyone knows me they know that as soon as I read this post I was going to buy a tent the next day. Better than buying a black convertible Porche (Phil Dunfey).
-Scott

Michelle said...

Okay, love Scott's comment. Yeah, I would have put money on Scott and the tent.