Monday, May 14, 2012

Funny Freestone

"Mom, do you want to have any more babies? Because if you don't, there's this spring you can buy and you can get pregnant right away. Or not. All you have to do is squeeze it and then say if you want to get pregnant or not. And it works right away." Freestone is full of good ideas. My question is, what IS this product and what show did Freestone watch that had a commercial advertising a product that can get you pregnant "right away?" Or not.

He also told Scott, "You've never seen 3-D until you've seen it on a Sony."  His everyday conversation is full of phrases like, "You have to act now," and "Limited time only."  In addition to having a brain that is formatted like a 30-second TV commercial, Freestone lives in a reality that is part Skylanders and part Pokemon.  I sighed in the car tonight and said, "Freestone, I feel really dumb because I don't ever know what you're talking about."  He didn't know how to help me.  At least he likes to read, or at least feels compelled to read compulsively.  Either way, I'll take it.  And he can't spend too much time in front of the TV, or too many words will build up in his brain and he'll explode.  He has to be talking 90% of the time.  Mostly, it sounds like babbling to me, but Tizzy gets it.  He patiently explains the Pokemon system to her, he talks her through the levels of Skylanders, he outlines his violin plans for her and tells her how he is going to earn the next Beyblade.  When he leaves for school in the morning, he says, "Tizzy, I love you!  I'll be back in seven hours.  O kaaaaaaay?" 

As funny as Freestone is and tries to be, he is the most real with his baby sister.  Another reason I'm glad she's here.  I like goofy Freestone, but I like real Freestone, too.

2 comments:

laurel said...

He is JUST like ALex. Alex does this and Jay and I will just look at each other and say, "We really need to keep him away from the tube." It would be funny to see what these two boys would do together!

Let us know if you ever figure out what the get you pregnant or not product is!

C and MC said...

This post made me laugh so hard I was crying. :) Thanks.