Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Shelter










This week, the last week of school, I needed to focus on something that was fun, just for me.  Enough with the planning and preparing for summer.  We're ready.  Thankfully, it was my turn to host Shelter, and I thoroughly enjoyed the preparation.  My theme, "the bluebird of happiness," from The Happiness Project book, kept me smiling all week.  Just the thought of having a "theme" for lunch makes me happy.  It was the perfect summer day for lunch al fresco with "Shelter Happiness Project Summer Mix 2012" CD's fluttering in the breeze on their ribbons.  These CD's make my heart swell.  I asked Scott to put together some happy music last night.  I returned hours later to find him dancing with Tizzy, listening to music with tears in his eyes.  He said, "Take a video of me dancing with Tizzy and we can show it at her wedding."  I love the CD he put together.  Jennie mentioned my idea to Ryan last night and when she woke up this morning, Ryan and Lexie had put together a "Happy Songs" collection.  I call it a mix tape.  I'm a product of the '80's!  Bottom line, no matter what you call it, we have good men around us.  The photos don't do justice to how whimsical and fun the CD's looked at lunch, and no photo can adequately capture the love between old friends, but it was abundant.

Today I feel like I have all the happiness my heart can hold.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

It was a perfectly beautiful afternoon. Thank you for all your efforts and for helping us shift gears from the pressure of school and homework to the carefree bliss of warm summer days. Can't wait to see what the next 3 months has in store.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

So sweet. I love the colors and flowers and decorations!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table setting and theme....love the blue and yellow, it feels like it should shift you into the summer, so cheerful!..I felt like I was there seeing your pictures. I am sure your luncheon turned out just as beautiful with such a lovely setting you provided. XO Tricia

Michelle said...

It was SUCH a perfect afternoon. I can't imagine what a wicked witch I would become without our Wednesdays. We really are going to have to break out the corndogs next year to lower the bar though!

laurel said...

WOw. You are so awesome. I gave up on themes years ago. They did make me happy, but my brain seems to ahve forgotten how to do anything. I think you are the most talented person I know. You are an inspiration.

love.boxes said...

Just one of the best days ever! Thank you Circ... I could have sat on your deck with my favorite friends and a view of my favorite eating my favorite sandwhich and favorite treats forever... What a happy lunch!